Thursday, April 14, 2011

Swiss Cheese Chicken

This is another new and tasty dinner I tried tonight! (I got it off of Macaroni Mamas blog) And of course like always, very simple and inexpensive! To start off I would like to say I am not a huge fan of swiss cheese so I wasn't sure if I would like this but it was yummy! The kids loved it and I didn't even have to fight them to try it!
So here you go...

Swiss Cheese Chicken--(I will give the normal recipe and in the brackets have how much I used)

8-9 chicken breasts (2 chicken breasts sliced in half to become 4 and thinner)
Sliced swiss cheese--enough to cover each piece of chicken
2 cans of cream of chicken soup (1 can)
1/2 cup sour cream (1/4 cup)
2 cups Ritz crackers crushed- about 1 1/2 bags (1/2 bag of crackers)
1/2 cup butter (1/4 cup)

Place chicken breasts in a 9x13-inch pan (mine was in a 11x7). Place cheese over each chicken breast. Mix soup and sour cream then put it on over the cheese and chicken. Sprinkle the crackers crumbs over the top. Melt the butter and drizzle over the cracker crumbs. Bake uncovered at 275 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. ( I cooked mine for about 2 1/2)

We enjoyed this chicken dinner with a side of Uncle Bens Wild Rice(fast cook), and some steamed carrots with a bit of butter on top. It was delicious! Enjoy!

1 comment:

the cole family said...

Yup, this is pretty much the same recipe that my bro-in-law gave me...I just wish there was a way to cook it faster!! Hahaha But being able to set it and leave it for so long is really nice too.