Friday, March 4, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken!

Another new easy recipe I tried tonight! This recipe I got from Macaroni Mamas and I really enjoyed it. Normally I am not a fan of cream cheese but this was good. Here you go...

Crock Pot Chicken

4 frozen chicken breasts
1 envelope of Italian dry dressing mix .....(Look down the salad dressing aisle! It took me forever to find this. haha)
1 8oz. Cream Cheese
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
Cooked Rice

Put raw chicken(frozen and all) in crockpot. Sprinkle with dressing mix. Cook on high for 4-5 hours. (Don't add water) If you half the recipe and only use 2 chicken, you can cut the time. Maybe only 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours. Shred chicken; then return to crockpot.(you could also just shred the chicken in the crockpot.) Add cream cheese and soup; warm. Note: If only cooking 2 chicken, I still would probably use all the soup and most of the cream cheese. Serve over rice.

The chicken sauce was more on the thicker side but it actually tasted quite nice! We had asparagus on the side. A roll would have been nice too but hey, I was sick today! :)

Enjoy!

No comments: