Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Toasted Ravioli

So this recipe I tried last night I got off of the blog Macaroni Mamas. I am an extremely picky eater and so ravioli with ricotta cheese is not part of my diet(the texture kills me) but I still try to make things that Darrin and the kids will eat, and I eat something else. I did however bite one small corner of the ravioli and it tasted good, but Darrin said it was good, so we will go with that!! This recipe was very simple to make and didn't take long at all. Here is the recipe...

Toasted Ravioli

Ingredients:
1 bag (13oz) of Ravioli-frozen or fresh....I used frozen which worked great.
1 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs....I think I only used one cup.
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup Buttermilk
oil for frying...I used olive oil

Directions:
-Cook ravioli until al dente(whatever that means)..Follow directions on package. Let them cool.
-While cooling, mix bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of cheese.
-Heat oil to approx. 350 degrees. (I just let the oil get hot enough and tried one to see if it was ready)
-Dip the ravioli in the buttermilk and then in the bread crumb mixture to cover well.
-Gently place in the hot oil....Warning: HOT! haha and fry until golden brown, I did it for about 2 minutes.
-Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on the cooked ravioli.
-Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping.

This would be nice with a salad on the side.

Enjoy!

No comments: